Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Some food for thought

Hello MFAs,

I look forward to seeing your project come to fruition and I think your ideas are leading you in a good direction as you narrow and refine your approach to format and content. As you are thinking about the past 10 years of contemporary art making and using the recent international art shows as a point of departure you can consider several perspectives that are defining our art today. You have mentioned some of these in your brainstorming, too:
  • Choices and influences of artist
  • Position/responsibility of the curator and new curatorial practices
  • Role of the critic
  • Evolving venues (museum, public space, international forums, art fairs) and impact of new audiences
  • New mediums
I have some articles to which I will post links in the next day or so. Stay tuned....

I'll look forward to meeting with you on the 25th at 6pm at the Museum. -Molly

No comments: